When you order, you're ordering per fish and paying a deposit for the minimum weight of each fish. Because each fish weighs differently, you will have to pay the difference when you receive your fish. Small size is priced at $8.50/lb; medium is $11.50/lb.
*Please read the product descriptions carefully. Please bring cash in case you need to pay the difference in weight for the whole sable fish.
LIMITED TIME ONLY! Black Cod, also known as Sablefish, from the waters in Haida Gwaii, is famous for its velvety texture with a rich and delicate buttery flavour with a hint of sweetness. Grilled, smoked, poached or roasted, you cannot go wrong serving a decadent piece of wild black cod.
Wild Black Cod / Wild Sablefish Notes:
- whole sablefish is J-cut, head-off and gutted
- flash frozen at sea to ensure quality and freshness
- small size is priced at $8.50/lb; medium is $11.50/lb
- no preservatives, wild-caught, never farmed or genetically-modified
- please note that our wild sablefish is not sashimi-grade
- learn more about wild sablefish / black cod on our blog!
Nutritional Information for Wild Sablefish:
per 3oz of the wild sablefish
- Calories 212
- Fat 17 g
- Protein 15 g
- Cholesterol 54 mg
- Sodium 61 mg